I enjoy speaking to groups about athletes and heart health. Potential audiences and venues might include triathlon clubs, race directors or organizations, medical groups, and local running/bike/tri shops, among others. Some popular talks have included:
- “Heart Health and Endurance Sport”
- “Triathlon Fatalities: Lessons Learned”
- “Triathletes and Heart Problems”
Contact me by email at email@example.com if you’d like me to speak to your group. Sometimes we can coordinate a speaking engagement when I already have plans to be in your area.
Recent and upcoming speaking engagements and presentations:
- February 6-7, 2016. Japan Triathlon Union Forum, Tokyo, Japan.
- April 2, 2016. Poster presentation, with Dr. Kevin Harris, “Fatalities in American Triathloms: An Expanded Profile,” American College of Cardiology Scientific Sessions, Chicago, Illinois.
- October 21-22, 2016. “Triathlon and Heart Health: The Headlines, The Evidence, and The Coach,” USA Triathlon Art & Science of Triathlon Symposium, Atlanta, Georgia.
Recent media appearances and interviews:
- Article on LinkedIn. “Could United’s CEO return to work after a heart transplant? Yes–and here’s why.” January, 2016.
- Podcast with Dr. Greg Wells. “Heart Health.” April, 2016.
- Interviewed by ESPN. “Study of triathlon deaths concludes more screening needed.” April, 2016.
- Science of Ultra Podcast with Shawn Beardon. “Heart Health and Endurance Sport” May, 2016.
- Interviewed in The Daily Beast, “Why Do So Many Middle-Aged Men Die During Ironman Competitions?” May, 2016.
- Interviewed by Australian Broadcasting Corporation radio. Fatalities in triathlon, in wake of fatality at Ironman Cairns. June, 2016.
- Interviewed in Runner’s World UK, “Is Your Heart a Ticking Time Bomb?”, June 2016.
- Interviewed in Undark Magazine, “Revisiting the Triathlon Death Rate“, July, 2016.